- How to solve problems and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Supporting your loved one with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- How to handle a crisis
- Current treatments and therapies
- The impact of mental health conditions on the entire family
This is an evidence-based program which means that the research shows that the program significantly improves the coping and problem-solving abilities of the people closest to a person living with a mental health condition.
This program is intended for family, friends, and significant others who have loved ones living with a mental health condition and is taught by trained peer facilitators who have personal experience with mental health conditions in their family.
To register or get more information, contact NAMI Chaffee County at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 970-823-4751.
NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI Chaffee County is an affiliate of NAMI Colorado. NAMI Chaffee County volunteers work to raise awareness and provide essential education, advocacy, and support group programs for people in our community living with mental health condition and their loved ones.